I should have posted this earlier, two meetings have already taken place. Here is a list of meetings that Gov. Otter’s Task Force For Improving Education will be holding:
• Monday, April 15, 6:30 p.m. Meriwether Lewis Hall (MLH) Room 100, Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston.
• Tuesday, April 16, 6:30 p.m. Lake Coeur d’Alene Room, North Idaho College Student Union Building, Coeur d’Alene.
• Monday, April 22, 6:30 p.m. Tingey Auditorium, University Place, 1776 Science Center Drive, Idaho Falls.
• Tuesday, April 23, 6:30 p.m. Century High School, 7801 W. Diamondback Dr., Pocatello.
• Thursday, April 25, 6:30 p.m. Lincoln Auditorium, Idaho Capitol Building, 700 W. Jefferson, Boise.
They are primarily listening sessions to allow people to share their ideas for how to improve the state public schools. Members of the task force will be at each meeting; members of the public will be able to speak and/or submit comments.
Common Core will be discussed.
One of these meetings was held Wednesday in Nampa. Reports have it that it was not a Common Core friendly crowd.
Let’s keep that trend going.